So, it’s the last working day before the Christmas holiday and for me, at least, may be the last time I’m on my computer until after Christmas. Working in IT, I spend 8 to 10 hours a day at the computer so any time I can get away from it, it feels like a vacation.
Before I wrap up the week and head off for the tinsel/sugary baked goods/music we only hear once a year but then til we are sick of it extravaganza, I wanted to take a minute to wish you, my dear readers, a very happy holiday season. Whether you celebrate Solstice, Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanza, or something else, I hope that your holiday is a great one.
I wish you:
* Time with your loved ones, even the ones that kind of make you crazy.
* A chance to relax and enjoy the quiet of lights, music, and a spirit that moves you.
* The excitement of children who know that gifts are incoming.
* The joy of eating foods you love but only let yourself have once a year because the doctor or your physical trainer wouldn’t approve.
* The knowledge that there is something bigger at work here on our earth than just the day-to-day struggle and that we are lucky to be part of it.
For those of you who get the blues around the holidays, I send you my thoughts, prayers, and a digital hug. We love you, don’t forget that. Ever.
Merry Christmas everyone, and may your chosen Higher Power bless you in the New Year.